Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hakuna Matata



After seeing this picture, it makes me believe more in the philosophy of 'Hakuna Matata', meaning "there are no worries" in Swahili.



Of course, growing up in the early 90's, you'll know it was popularized by the Disney film 'The Lion King', and known mainly as 'no worries'. (Makes me wish there were still Disney movies like this.)

Originally, I just took it as a carefree song that I didn't really consider applying to my own life. But after meeting Max, I was slightly inspired by his ideal and life regarding the aforementioned proverb.

Now a couple years later, I'm beginning to see it even further.

Joseph 'Rev Run' Simmons (Famously known one-third of the world famous Run-D.M.C.) quotes, "It's never what the situation is, it's always what you make of the situation."

Thinking about it now, my problems aren't as bad as I believe them to be.
I've always put into consideration how much worse someone else could have it, but never really enveloped it.

Now I've become to appreciate everything, seeing everything as a blessing in disguise.
See more of the bigger picture than I already believe I do.
Like, there's always a message behind everything, and how you can accumulate it to your life morals, beliefs and ethics.

Heh, seems like this movie played more of an important role than I thought.

Disney is a force to be reckoned with.

No comments: