Saturday, September 11, 2010

Endless Shoveling

It's strange how much of a hole I dug myself into.
It's no one's fault really.

I was completely attached to this mental image dubbed by most as 'the one'.
Foolish right?

I tried my best to hold back everything, but it was difficult.
Never have I met anyone like this.
I knew a fraction of her, but I was completely intrigued.
So when I was losing grip of it, I cried out my last bit of 'chance'.
It was for naught.
A pointless action.

I felt as though instead of going forward, I've been going under.
Digging below, further and further, making continuing the trail ever more challenging.

But I'm learning to deal.
To persevere and continue to dig through the pavements of life, obstacle amongst obstacles.
Coal by coal.
Road by road.

It's nothing new to me.
I just believed that I happened to cross the 'best' one down the line.

Maybe I've set my standards so high, they're unattainable.
Maybe it's best to stick with number 2.
And maybe, it's best to be 99.9% happy.

'Cause realistically, I'll never get 'the one'.
I'll never get number 1.
And I'll never get happiness as an entirety.

I'll just take Dory's advice, just with a little twist:
"Just keep diggin', just keep diggin', just keep diggin'..."

Who knows? Maybe one day I'll strike gold.

No comments: